Friday, November 15, 2013

Reply from Ziyad Abid + Book Rumors

On August 27, this blog asked Ziyad Abid to tell his story. On November 5, we got a reply.

The email reads the following: 
"I would like to inform you that your proposition is honored just as many other reporters throughout the year. I don't need to sell anything to anyone because I am not in need for money. I appreciate the offer. I would like to inform you that the War

I would like to inform you that your proposition is honored just as many other reporters who have contacted me throughout the year. I don't need to sell anything to anyone because I'm not in need for money, I'm sure everybody know that, but I do appreciate the offer. I would like to inform you that the Warrensburg community does not need to beg anybody for anything because it's not right, but I understand what you meant by saying that. I do believe that the family of the victim along with the rest of Warrensburg community have the right to know what truly happened in this case, only when the time and place is right.
Much respect to you and the rest of the Warrensburg community.
Note: This case is holding a very serious story that was not provided to the public. What was provided was not even close from reality good luck.
Sincerely

Ziyad.T.Abid (Z)

 -------------------------
I replied to him and asked him to reconsider, that if he truly is innocent, an honest interview could really shed some good light on it. It's really the last line that intrigued me, but as I started thinking about it, I think the last line was bait. He wants me to ask, wants me to dig deeper. In addition, he posted this on his Facebook page:

  "Some secrets are meant to be hidden or buried". I have a serious concern with that one comment. What secret was coming out? What did his defense team "bury"? He reminds me so much of Chris Brown. Instead of being remorseful of his actions, he instead rubs it in everyone's face. The mark of a true narcissistic individual. He won't be telling his story now, but he said that he would tell it eventually... wonder when? When people stop  caring about this case or worrying about the man that got away with murder?

UPDATE: After seeing a post on Blaine Whitworth's memorial page, I followed the link to a Youtube video. The caption read that Ziyad sold his rights to a Saudi Arabia marketing company and was currently writing a book. I emailed Ziyad back (At this point, he's always being very polite and I truly do appreciate that he responds, even if I don't know what to think about this whole situation). He replied that he is NOT writing a book right now, but eventually would like to.


Interesting... More as it develops...


2 comments:

  1. What is Reginald didn't kill Blaine? What if he never confessed. Did you hear the tape? Or maybe Reginald had to take blame so his family and kids weren't harmed. I believe he is innocent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, According to this article and the trial, not only did Reggie confess, but he led police to the murder weapon:
    http://www.demo-mo.com/2014/05/02/24663/trial-underway-in-slaying-of-sherwood.html?sp=%2F99%2F100%2F107%2F

    ReplyDelete